Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award


Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this, I hope I do it correctly!

Task 1. Thank the person who gave you the award: Thankyou Michelle from Best Toys For Toddlers and Philippa from House Of Baby Piranha, I was so surprised and very chuffed considering I love both of your blogs so much!

Task 2. Share 7 things about yourself: oh my, I hope I don't bore everyone here! I'm not terribly exciting, aside from the fact that I tapdance underwater in a monkey suit every Tuesday. See I totally made that up and it still wasn't interesting!

1) Previous to having my own babies I have worked with children in many different capacities for over ten years.

2) Im an Ebay addict. There. I said it :-D

3) I am terrified of sharks. Irrationally terrified. When I was younger I secretly read the book 'Jaws' because my parents wouldn't let me watch the movie and have been wary of even the smallest puddles of water ever since.

4) I had a wonderful childhood, if I can replicate it to even half a degree for my own children I will be happy.

5) I spend more money on craft supplies than I do on clothing for myself. And it shows :-D

6) I drink far too much milk. When I was pregnant with my girls it was not unusual for me to go through 2L in a day.

7) I have a very short attention span. I'm often doing several things at once and sometimes forget to finish th.......

Task 3. Pass the award onto 12 Bloggers you have recently discovered:

Love And Lollipops - I just love the ideas and gorgeous photos!
Sweetest Jane - writes so beautifully it's like you were following them around that day.
Play 2 Grow - lots of great learning games.
A Peek Over The Fence - I love the variety in this Blog.
Hear Mum Roar - covers so many areas of parenting.
Kebeni - I love the way she writes and the different range of topics.
Oesch & Doot - what a beautiful Blog.
Chapter Forty - another Blog with great writing and photos.
The Organised Housewife - for obvious reasons, who doesnt want to be more organised! Great Blog full of great ideas.
Another Lunch - I love bento boxes and have gotten lots of ideas from this site for the girls mealtimes.
HomeAge - so many topics covered and Im very jealous that they are growing their own blueberries! :-D Yum!
Sew New To This - I love the sewing projects on this Blog, so much talent!

Task 4. Contact the Bloggers you chose and let them know. Off to do that now, before I forget (refer to task 2, point 7 ;-D).

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much *blushes* And we will be sure to let you know how the blueberries taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice. I'm glad you like my blog. Back when I did my award post, I hadn't found your blog yet. If I had, you would've been on that list. Maybe I'll do another list at some point. Anyway, I love your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please do Amanda, we adore blueberries in this house! Id love to give growing them a go, but considering I can't keep a cactus alive it might be a little soul destroying to kill a blueberry plant :-D I had never seen one before reading your post either, very interesting.
    Oh, thankyou Darcey! Ive found so many wonderful Blogs through Childhood 101 link ups, and I keep finding more every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Caz! It's so fun to meet other wonderful people in this blog land. Your list about yourself made me laugh. And I want a blueberry plant too!
    I'm excited to check some of these other blogs you linked to.
    Hugs,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caz!

    I am very tickled that you thought of me!! :):)

    You too have something very special here...I love reading your blog!!

    Georgiaxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your lovely thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again! Caz, I have added you to my list of "blogs I love" on my front page...your ideas are wonderful!! Thanks for all the great sharing! I don't know how you manage to do so many posts :) Do you get any sleep? :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, thankyou so much Georgia! Im really stoked that you are enjoying the activities, I think we have a very similar creative style because I love reading about yours too.
    I have to admit that I don't sleep, I get about 4 or 5 hours a night - terrible I know. Squeak has a sinus problem and has never slept very well, so Im up and down with her a lot and find it easier to just stay up and get things done. Hopefully she'll be sleeping through better in the very near future though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caz, thank you for the kind words! I'm a big fan of your blog. Sometimes I find myself laughing out loud at your posts - I think it's just that they're so exuberant and I love the way your photos capture all the action - my kids would love to live at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww thankyou Sarah! Yours was one of the first Blogs that came to mind when making the list of 12, your photos are just beautiful and your home looks so serene, I love it. I'm glad you find some of my posts amusing and not just nuts, I worry sometimes lol :-D

    ReplyDelete